Options when you leave employment:


When you leave employment with the State, you can only continue the Basic $25,000 term Life insurance by converting it to a WHOLE life policy. Information on converting your coverage to whole life and the necessary form and rates are included below.

Leaving Employment

Call Us for Help!

The Supplemental and Dependent Life and AD&D insurance are portable. This means that while you can also convert this coverage to whole life (using the forms above), you may instead continue the supplemental coverage as a term life policy at rates very similar to what you pay now.

Shortly after you leave employment, you will be contacted by Risty Benefits about the option of “porting” this coverage. Instructions and a copy of the continuation form and rates for the supplemental coverage are provided below.